Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Year end festivities


Christmas is coming soon.

Christmas is supposed to be a joyous occasion, but somehow I can't seem to think of any memorable Christmases that I've spent so far. I've also always wanted to have a white Christmas, but that has yet to happen either. *inserts sigh emoji*

For the past few years, the only celebration I've had for Christmas/New Year is well..drinking. I'd drink, spend the next day hung over and tell myself I'm never gonna drink again.

Maybe I'm growing old and boring, but lately I'm just getting pretty sick of such a lifestyle. All I want, is just a simple gathering with some friends and good food. No horrible tasting drinks, no post party hangover.

I want the kind of Christmas celebration you'd usually see in movies. A house gathering, sane people, a burning fire place and falling snow outside. But since that isn't gonna happen in Singapore, I'd settle for walking down Orchard road at night, taking in the Christmas air, hearing Christmas songs playing and seeing the pretty Christmas lights and decorations along the streets.

Sigh, here's to *hopefully* having a decent Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment