Saturday, November 16, 2013

x

In slightly less than 50 days, 2013 will be over.

It didn't seem long ago that I was sitting at home, wondering if I'd even live to see 2013. I mean, they said the word was going to end didn't they? Undeniably, with all the talk about the world ending, a small part of me thought it might actually be true.

But that day came and went, and now it's almost 1 year later.

So much has changed over the past year, yet somehow I still find myself not far from where I was back then. It feels like I'm going round in circles..going through so much, yet eventually still ending up right where I started.

I guess this either means I don't really learn from my mistakes, or that I really hate change. So much so that I keep trying to fix whatever that's out of place, up to the extent that I tend to forget that certain things happen for a reason.

And unless I break out of this cycle, I won't be going anywhere. Deciding on change is hard and to actually ensure that you carry out this change is harder.

I don't want to move in circles anymore. For so long I've been repeatedly doing the same things, yet hoping for a different outcome. It's time to step out of my comfort zone and embrace change in all its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment