Sunday, November 24, 2013

When I was younger I wanted to be a writer, amongst many other things. Quite the irony since my writing was pretty horrendous back in primary school.

It wasn't because I didn't read, or lacked the vocabulary, but somehow I just couldn't express myself. My mother would always tell me something along the lines of "you need to use more descriptive words,"/"don't just narrate".

Most of my sentences started with the word "then" hahaha. So I guess you can imagine how my essay looked like half the time. But it just felt weird, to be putting so much emotion into a piece of writing that would be read by my teacher and parents.

It wasn't until I got my heartbroken for the first time that I realised writing it down helped make things better. I guess there was still beauty in things that were broken, so why not put it down into words? It made me feel better too, so I basically just wrote melodramatic love stories for all my essays.

I remember the first time I attempted to write an essay like that, I wondered if it was even appropriate. And well, luckily for me, I guess everyone loved a sad story.

So anws, fast forward to 2013.

I've always wanted to write an autobiography of some sort, just so that I could read it when I get older and reminisce about my youth.

But then again, I don't want to be reading my own story 30 years down the road and think to myself "wow, what a miserable human being I used to be".

I'm sure I've had some happy times, but..I don't know if I can remember them. I don't know if I could recall my past in complete objectivity. Somehow I have this tendency of romanticising my past and then reflect back on my present and feel all disillusioned. Soo..well, idk, I guess I'll just see how things go.

On another note, 1 third of my holidays is almost over. I hope by the end of these 3 months I'll be able to achieve what I had aimed to achieve at the start of the holidays. I can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment