Wednesday, October 16, 2013

x

I'm feeling so tired today because I didn't have a proper night's sleep yesterday. Got woken up in the middle of the night, to the sound of roaring thunder and the constant flash of lightning. Didn't really help that the lightning was so near, there was barely a one second gap between the lightning and thunder.

Furthermore, I really couldn't sleep cause there was something on my mind that was bothering me. Bothering might even be an understatement, considering how tormenting it was. I think my brain has a very low level of serotonin.......

After finally managing a few hours of sleep, I woke up this morning with a sudden realisation. I realised I haven't felt this way in ages. This intense feeling of over consuming thoughts drowning you and impairing your rationality. It's just ridiculous.

And it was then I realised that I don't have to feel this way. I'll admit, I'm not one who is able to "flip my humanity switch" (The Vampire Diaries, 2013) off as and when I like, but even so..I believe our emotions are still to a certain extent, within our control. Misery is a choice and the moment you choose to not let it fully consume you, it's half the battle won.

Anws..


I went for a jog yesterday and I have to say, exercising really does help put you in a better mood. However clearly the effect isn't long lasting considering how my frustrations led me to having insomnia that same night.


What a pretty picture, but sadly the reservoir looks nothing like this when you're actually there.


And here is a rare, if not the only, recent pic I have of me without makeup. So happy cause I think I look pretty normal hahaha *bhb*

Yea, anws I haven't really been jogging recently cause I've been busy caught up in life. Not that I have much of a life lately besides my school life. Sigh, exams. And maybe I'm just a little lazy as well. I need someone to jog with so that I'll be motivated =/

No comments:

Post a Comment