Friday, October 4, 2013

thoughts.



When I was much younger I loved spinning round in circles. Just stretching my arms out wide, turning round and round and round. I'd feel so happy and thrilled cause it seemed like everything around me was moving. And I was always so amazed whenever my surroundings still seemed to be "moving" even after I've stopped turning and was lying on the floor.

Life feels a little like that..

How sometimes we're going so fast that everything seems to feel like such a rush, such a blur, yet delivering such an adrenaline rush. You can't see your surroundings clearly, yet the feeling feels so surreal. You don't really know what's going on, but somehow it still catches your breath. And in that moment, nothing else seems to matter. Cause in that moment when your heart starts beating a little faster and your breathing gets a little quicker, although you're spinning so fast, it somehow feels like the whole world has paused in its tracks.

Eventually you start slowing down, spinning slower and slower. Your surroundings start getting a little clearer, images becoming a little more focused. But it just doesn't feel as great. A certain feeling starts sinking in, while nausea starts to kick in. You feel so dizzy and sick from all the spinning..yet somehow you know you'd do it all again in a heartbeat. Somehow it was worth it. Just to feel that sudden rush, that fleeting sense of joy.

-


No comments:

Post a Comment