Thursday, October 10, 2013

But if I fall for you, I'll never recover. If I fall for you, I'll never be same.

I don't know if it's just me, but somehow it feels like the older we get, the longer we tend to hold on to certain things. They say that people will always walk in and out of your lives, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

I beg to differ.

Maybe I'm just too sentimental, but I always find it so hard to just let people go. I'm not just talking about relationships, cause I tend to think about the good times I used to spend with people and miss those times too. But of cause, these feelings are generally directly proportional to the amount of feelings I've once invested.

But it's tiring to feel this way. Sometimes I wish I could just forget about a person the moment they leave my life. I know that life gets in the way and that people move on, but why does it feel like I'm still here, trapped and holding on to everything that once used to be?

And as more and more people start coming into my life and eventually leave, it starts to feel as though my heart is filled with footprints all over. So much so that it starts to feel as though there isn't any more space. I feel so burdened by all these feelings. How I wish we could just start life on a clean slate at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment