Saturday, September 28, 2013

x

I sat there wondering if I should go for a run, realising how long it's been since the last time I did that. But somehow the room felt so dark. Was it going to rain?

I went to my window, opened the curtains, and still I couldn't tell. Was it just the sun setting or were they really rain clouds?

It's hard to tell. Sometimes, you'll never know.

I opened the window to get a better look. I stuck my head out and looked towards the reservoir..and still I couldn't tell.

..Why are some answers so elusive?

But it was at that moment that something struck me. It felt so familiar. This feeling, this view. Yet somehow, I couldn't fully grasp hold of it. So fleeting, so transient.

Have you ever felt this way before? One moment you're looking at something and the next you're just filled with this unexplainable feeling. Maybe it was a split second thought that had crossed your mind, maybe it was the recollection of a forgotten memory, or maybe it was something you had laid your eyes on.

It's funny isn't it. How something that happened in a split second can be so easily forgotten or had not made much of an impact on your consciousness for you to realise it, yet somehow the feeling remains.

And somehow this feeling stays, despite the reason being long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment