Monday, September 2, 2013

I started off this year with an empty tin, telling myself that for every thing that made me happy, I'd write it on a slip of paper and put it inside. However, recently I realised that I haven't been doing so for quite awhile now. I went to look at the slips of paper and found out that the last one I wrote was somewhere around the end of March.

I wondered why I never continued writing since then; was it because I was lazy?

I realised that wasn't the case, but instead it was actually because I never really found something that made me happy enough to the extent that I thought it was worth writing down. However, this didn't mean that I wasn't happy during those times. Ironically though, it seems that I was actually happier during the past few months as compared to the beginning of the year.

I guess this just made me realise that sometimes we tend to take things for granted. When things are going well for us, we tend to think that this is the way things should be. Yet when things aren't going well, everytime something good happens, no matter how small, we tend to be so grateful for it.

But this isn't the way things should be, isn't it?

Shall bear this in mind and remember to be thankful for everything good that happens, whether big or small. And stop taking things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment