Monday, July 22, 2013

take chances; live life.

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take, relationships we were too afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make."

When I was much younger, I remember being rather impulsive. I'd do whatever I felt like doing and say whatever that's on my mind. But quite often I'd live to regret the things I did or the words that I said..and eventually I guess I started putting more thought into my actions. I'd rethink each and every decision I wanted to make over and over again.

I was afraid of making the wrong choices and I was afraid of how that would impact my future. I'd often think, maybe now is not the right time; maybe I should wait a little longer. Maybe a better option would be made available if I just waited awhile more.

However I soon realised that despite me putting in so much effort in choosing the right words to say, the things I should or should not do, or how I should go about doing a certain thing, I could still never guarantee that I'd get my desired outcome.

From now till the future, there's still such a wide span of time. You have your whole lifetime ahead of you to make mistakes..and to correct them. But if you miss a moment in the present, it's gone for good.

We can never guarantee the future, or control what happens, but what we can control are the choices we make in the present. Afterall, twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.

No comments:

Post a Comment