Monday, June 24, 2013

x

As mentioned in an earlier post, I've been watching The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Bachelor Pad lately, cause I'm just that bored. Honestly speaking, I never really liked watching reality shows cause it's full of superficial drama and seems pretty meaningless to me.

But I think The Bachelor series isn't all that bad. Drama aside, it does involve real feelings and romance, and being the hopeless romantic that I am, I think it's quite touching seeing the process of them falling in love.

One thing that really stood out to me was how many of the contestants mentioned that if they were to fall in love, they would want to be in love with their best friend and of cause eventually marry their best friend. I've heard that before, but I guess when I was younger that never seemed like the right thing. The whole logic of falling in love with your best friend just sounded absurd to me.

But right now, having grown up and experienced so much more, I think that's really important. I used to have this mindset that as long as you really liked a person, your relationship was bound to work out. However right now, I realised that's just a really idealistic notion.

I realised that in most relationships, although the sparks were there, what's lacking is friendship. If you're with a really good friend, you should  be able to to talk about serious stuff with them and at the same time you should be able to act stupid around them, but not feel stupid.

Best friends would also always make fun of each other, but deep down they're the ones who would believe in you even if the whole world were to put you down. And of cause that is what you'd be looking out for in a partner as well.

Yea, okay that's about it. Shall just end abruptly here, cause I got distracted and my flow is gone hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment