Sunday, January 27, 2013

It never fails to amaze me at how fast time flies. In just the blink of an eye, the first month of 2013 is already coming to an end. Wouldn't say that this month is good or bad, as there were a fair share of good and bad things that happened.

At the start of this year, after seeing a tumblr post, I decided that I would keep an empty tin with sheets of small blank paper inside. I told myself that for every good thing that happened, I would write it down on one of those pieces of paper. As of right now, I already have 9 pieces of paper..so I guess January wasn't all that bad.

But honestly speaking, as far as I can remember, most of the things that I've written were what I often consider "superficial happiness". In other words, nothing really meaningful happened. Maybe one or 2 did, but as of right now, it no longer matters. So I guess it doesn't count anymore.

School is gonna start in 8 days time. I don't really know if I'm looking forward to it or not. On one hand, I don't want to be stuck at home rotting out of boredom, but on the other hand, I don't really want to face all the assignments and tests.

I can still clearly remember the last day of school, how everything felt and how everything was. 3 months of holiday, went by just like that. I somehow feel conflicted. A part of me feels like nothing has changed, yet another part feels like so much has changed.

I guess in terms of me as a person and my achievements, things are still pretty much the same. However talking about things in general and about "change" itself, things are vastly different from how they were 3 months ago.

Suppose that's part of the reason why I'm a little apprehensive about school. 3 months ago, I remember saying that there's something in me that feels rather sad and empty, cause it felt like I've come to the end of something. However right now, it feels as though I'm about to embark on a new journey. 3 months from now, I'm pretty sure that things would be very different once again. Whether for better or for worse, I don't really know, but I hope it's the former.

But positive change don't just happen, right? We have to make things happen. And I hope I'll be able to do that. I'll work hard for it. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment