Monday, November 7, 2016

Hello.

It's been exactly a year since I last posted here.

"At 23, fresh out of university and at a career crossroad, I suppose this would be one of the most important turning points in my life.
Where I choose to go from here would probably dictate the direction that I'd be heading in for the rest of my life. And that's really quite a big deal.
A job to me is something more than just earning a living. I believe a job should be something that you live for as much as it gives you a means to live.
I don't want a mediocre job, I don't want a forced routine, I don't want to be enslaved. I want something that I can look forward to for years to come and not start the countdown clock to my retirement since the first day I start work."

1 year ago I posted this and today is the day I officially start work. Obviously I haven't been jobless for a whole year, but the past 9 months didn't feel much like working cause we were still hand held and forced to do things on a routine.

But today, today marks the day that we're finally set free and forced to work on our own. No more spoon feeding, no more people you can run to when you're lost and need help. I kinda miss being able to just go into the adjacent bunk or run a few doors down to seek comfort and solace in the people I'm closest to.

9 months of spending 5 days and 5 nights together, it's sure hard to let it all go and adapt to a whole new way of life. But change is inevitable and who said change had to be bad right?

I should be excited, cause this posting was the exact reason I signed on the line all those months back and those 9 months were the reason I almost didn't. How ironic it all seems now.

Anyways, I'm sure things will work out fine and I'll be fine and we will all be happy. Just feeling pre-work/real life jitters haha.

---

Received a letter regarding my medisave thingy and on it it stated that I'll be 25 on my next birthday. At that moment a thought struck me - I'm old. And it's quite scary to think that I'm going to be in my mid twenties soon and I still don't have much figured out in life. Feels like time is running out. In the past it was always "it's okay if you make wrong decisions, you still have time to make things right and figure things out". But now it's like if I make a wrong decision, I might have just messed up my life for good. And it scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment