Friday, November 11, 2016

"It has been said something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world."

Just watched The Butterfly Effect and the movie really got me thinking. A wistful longing for the unknown hits me, knowing that my life could have been so different right now if at any point in the distant past I had chosen to make a different decision from that which I've made.

I thought about all those seemingly unimportant moments and realised how much potential they had to change the way my life turned out.

Even something as simple as taking up a 1 day temp job had the chance to make a lasting and drastic change in your life's course. Or something as simple as just being at the right (or wrong) place at the right time could mean so many things.

It also made me realise how much impact a single person could cause. So don't ever think you're insignificant, cause without your existence, the lives of those intertwined with yours would not be the same.

The movie was basically about this guy who could go back in time. He kept going back in time because he wanted to save the life of this girl that he liked since young. Each time he changed something in the past, although the present was drastically altered, there were always something else that went wrong. It wasn't until he went back to the time he was born and became..un-born..that things finally turned out well for everyone.

Made me wonder how things would be like for everyone that I've ever met if I never existed haha.

I also thought about a certain person, lets call him x. This x is someone whom I believe played a key role in where I am today. I don't know if I would have been a better or worse person if it weren't for him. But what I do know is that things would really be drastically different, because he unintentionally influenced a lot of my life's decisions during my teenage years. I don't know if he knows how much of an impact he has made lol.

And the most amazing part of it all is that x was someone I could have just as easily not met. I didn't meet him because of some job I took, or some school I went to; us meeting wasn't something that was eventually bound to happen over time. Say for example if x was someone staying in my block, then us meeting wouldn't be all that surprising, cause there were ample opportunities for us to do so.

It was a hit or miss situation for us. I strongly believe that if our paths had not crossed at that exact time it did, we would probably be living lives parallel to each other right now. Or maybe we might still have met, but things just wouldn't be the same. The timing and circumstances at that time played a huge role in making everything fit and it's almost unbelievable to think that I could have been at so many other places at that point in time, but yet there I was and our lives just somehow got intertwined just like that.

It's crazy to think how the events that transpired from that one meeting ended up spiraling into the life that I have today.


No comments:

Post a Comment