Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sometimes I struggle with wondering what's right and what's wrong. I'll admit that I'm not a perfect person, but I'm not gonna apologise for that, cause none of us are.

I'm just so tired of hearing what everyone else has to say, of them telling me what I should or shouldn't do.

I don't know how to say this in a more polite way, but some people really should learn to fix their own lives first before trying to interfere with mine.

Don't get me wrong, of cause I'd appreciate it if someone were to give me advise out of pure goodwill, but how many people are actually that genuine? Most of the time people find and point out flaws in your actions and decisions, just to feel better about themselves.

I might sound like I'm just being overly cynical, but really, if a person truly has your best interest at heart, would they only be there when the opportunity arises for them to point out your flaws? How about all those other times when you needed their help and yet they weren't there?

It's funny how all these people can claim that they care, but yet the only time they have anything to say is when you've done something supposedly "wrong".

------

On another note, quite a lot of stuff has happened lately which left me with quite a bit to think about.

I hate to admit it, but I guess I was wrong in choosing to believe in the good of certain people. So many a time people would tell me, so and so isn't worth your time, he isn't a good friend/he isn't a good person/he is just making use of you/he is just toying with you.

But me being the hopeless believer of being innocent until proven guilty, would always choose to believe in the positive.

I'm the kind of person who would do my best to help you out if I really regarded you as a close friend, and even more so if I was mildly interested in you. For the latter, I'd understand if I don't get anything back cause love's a gamble after all. But as a friend, although I wouldn't really expect you to do anything for me, but I do expect you to at least show that our friendship actually means something to you.

But it's okay, people being people, they always tend to disappoint. I guess I should be used to it by now.

I keep telling myself to learn from the past and to stop believing so much in the good of others to the point of nativity, but I guess the idealist in me still tells me that "just cause all these people have proven you wrong, it doesn't mean that everyone else you meet in the future will".

So here's to giving up on those that aren't worth your time and to (hopefully) whatever good the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment