Saturday, August 16, 2014

Sun, sand, sea

Have you ever just looked up at the clouds as you run? You keep running and running, but somehow you never seem to get any much closer to the clouds as you were minutes ago. But I guess there's beauty in things that are unreachable as well, cause if you can't reach it, you'll always have something to run towards.

I guess that isn't all that bad, as compared to the things you chase after, only for the journey to end as you reach your destination.

And I suppose that's why the things you can never reach will always be the most beautiful.



Today I made an impromptu decision to run to the beach from my house, cause I was pretty much bored of the same old route I'd run each time around the reservoir. I thought I was mad, cause just cycling to the beach was enough to tire me out and yet here I am running approximately 6km just to get there on foot. (Not to mention, I jumped across a huge drain, walked through tall wet grass and attempted to Lara Croft my way over another scarier drain...)


But I'm glad I did cause today's run was really therapeutic. I absolutely loved the scenery surrounding the park connector from my house to ECP. I've had a lot on my mind recently, but running really did help to clear some thoughts.

I've been wanting to go to the beach for quite awhile now, but I never did find the right company. Somehow just sitting by the vast ocean, it feels like all your worries are a million miles away. I really could just sit there all day, looking out into the sea, just watching the boats floating far off in the distance and also the occasional plane that departs from the airport, and wishing that I was on it instead of looking up at it from where I am..


No comments:

Post a Comment