Sunday, May 4, 2014

Late night musings

Haven't written in this space for quite awhile, cause I've had nothing much to ponder about and nothing interesting enough has happened to trigger any thoughts in me.

But today I was just thinking about all the things that has happened in the past few months and years. It struck me how things could be so different right now if at any one point in my life I had chosen another route instead. Maybe made a different choice at crossroads, missed certain opportunities, or had taken a leap of faith at others.

You never know when certain occurrences are blessings in disguise. Maybe certain calamities are needed to get you to where you're supposed to be, or maybe "where you're supposed to be" doesn't actually exist.

Life is such a mystery. You never really know how things work; are there such things as fate, as luck or are everything just a product of your actions, within your control?

Sometimes I wonder if I've reached my destination in life; if I've finally found the right route that I'll be able to follow and smoothly sail to the end.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not because life is full of surprises. Maybe one year later I'll look at this post and muse over how true the previous statement is. Maybe one year later I'll end up somewhere I never expected myself to be. Maybe one year later life would be so drastically different from how it is now, so much so that it's something I'd never believe to be possible right now.

Ah well, but that's just how life is isn't it?

Surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment