Saturday, February 1, 2014

ap·a·thy

  [ap-uh-thee]  Show IPA
noun, plural ap·a·thies.
1.
absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
2.
lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.
3.
Also, ap·a·thei·a, ap·a·thi·a  [ap-uh-thee-uh]  Show IPA . Stoicism. freedom from emotion ofany kind.


Can't find a word more apt to describe exactly how I'm feeling right now. Or how I've been feeling lately, to be precise.

And I don't mean this in the "YOLO" sense, but more of the "yea okae wdv, what will be will be" sense. I don't even have the energy to give too many fucks about the things that are going on around me.

Maybe I just hate being thrown into complicated stuff or maybe I'm just an escapist, I don't know. Somehow it just feels like if I let myself care too much or if I get too easily bothered by things that are going on around me, I'll just end up being the one on the losing end.

I'm not really referring to anything in particular, cause life has been going pretty well lately. Maybe this means that I've successfully managed to distance myself from everything.

However, at other times I wish I could find it in myself to care more. Cause although not caring about things results in me not feeling unhappy, it doesn't make me feel happy either. I just feel bleah, like I'm in limbo or something.

Just waiting, to feel something.

And during those rare moments where I feel this little tinge of something, I start questioning it and looking too closely into it until it eventually just fades away. I then end up wondering if it was ever there, or if it was because I chose to believe it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment