Monday, December 9, 2013

"what comes easy won't last and what lasts won't come easy"

How often do we settle for second best just because what we really want seems to be out of reach?

And how often are we actually truly contented with only getting second best?

Lately I've been weighing the pros and cons of my choices, wondering which would be the best choice to make. Although I know things aren't entirely within my control, but it's a start.

I realised I've missed out on so much simply by making the wrong choices and settling for less that what I really want. Maybe I'm just too impatient, or maybe I underestimated the costs of my actions, but I guess it's true that every action comes with a consequence.

I don't want to dwell in regrets anymore cause I know it wouldn't change anything. All I can do is to ensure I don't make the same mistakes again. And I really hope when the time comes for me to make a decision, I'd re-read this post and make the right choice.

Cause after all that's said and done, I guess the answer is pretty clear. I was afraid and I still am, but I guess I'd rather wait 10 years for something that's second to none, than to settle for second best.

It's a risk, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Afterall, what comes easy won't last and what lasts won't come easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment