Saturday, August 10, 2013

food for thought.

I've spent the past few weeks watching Criminal Minds and although it's fictional, it really makes me wonder where exactly is that fine line between normality and a psychotic break/being a sociopath/psychopath.

I really cannot imagine the immense trauma that one has to go through, in order to drive them to the brink of insanity and over the edge. I've been through shit and I know full well how that feels but still, it's nothing compared to how much these people have gone through.

I only know what I've felt before and I cannot imagine it getting any worse. But everytime I think that I've been through the worst, things just find a way of getting even more worse.

This really makes me wonder..how much hate/trauma can a person face before he eventually snaps and becomes a serial killer? And how much more hate does it take for one to display sadistic tendencies and go from just killing their victims to starting to dismember them? Or how about a psychotic break? How much trauma do they have to go through before they completely lose it?

We look at a serial killer and think to ourselves, "how can someone be so cold-blooded to such an extent?"

But then again, are we all capable of such deeds? Maybe we just haven't been through enough and if we were to go through what a serial killer have been through, would we have ended up like them?

All these said, I guess this also tells us that we shouldn't be so quick to judge someone's actions or choices. We don't know what they've been through or what they're going through and unless we've been in their shoes, we're in no position to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment