Friday, March 8, 2013

x

There are complicated people and then there's the people you thought you knew.

Seems like most people these days carry too much baggage with them. As much as you try, you'll never be able to fully understand them. It'll always seem like they're deliberately hiding something from you, or keeping themselves at a distance, afraid to fully open up themselves to you. Maybe they think that there really isn't a need to share so much, or maybe they just find it hard to open up and trust again.

It always frustrates me not being able to know what people are thinking or trying to figure out why certain people have so many layers. Do they have something to hide, or do they just not trust me enough, not feel comfortable enough around me?

But all that's alright. I can deal with that. I can accept the fact that that's just the way some people are - complicated.

You know what really sucks?

It's when the people you thought you knew, does something completely unexpected and leaves you hanging there, wondering what in the world just happened.

The person you knew since they just started their teenage years, all the way up to the end. The person who once told you every single one of their insecurities, whom you were the first person they confided in whenever something happened. The person who once told you how glad they were to have you as a friend and how easy you were to talk to.

And one day something happens and you just can't seem to figure out the reason why.

Is it my fault? Did I not pay enough attention to your words or actions? Why is it that every time I try going through all our past memories, past conversations, past interactions, in hopes that I'd find an answer or even a clue, I can't seem to find any?

Maybe I really have failed as a friend.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment